[CLOH-News & waterpolo] Practice at Highland Park Pool -- 10:30 am to noon -- TOMORROW, (Tues-to-Friday)

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:05:57 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We're holding waterpolo practice from 10:30 am to noon at Highland
Park Pool tomorrow, (Tuesday). We'll have practices at Highland Park
Pool on:

Tuesday, August 25, 10:30 am to noon
Wednesday, August 26, 10:30 am to noon
Thursday, August 27, 10:30 am to noon
Friday, August 28, 10:30 am to noon

Then on SATURDAY, we'll be playing a series of GAMES water polo at IUP
(Indiana University of Pennsyvania).
We'll have a game for girls, another for boys and a third for
JV/NOVICE players.

Arrival at Saturday is at 8 am -- very early.

But first, we have to get together again for practice.

New players are welcome -- and NEEDED.

If you want to see some photos and video from the past sessions in the
recent two weeks go to: http://CLOH.wikia.com.

Citiparks has given us good support for the program. The goals have
been moved from Ammon to Highland Park Pool.

=====
Directions: to HIGHLAND PARK POOL, Citiparks, in Pittsburgh, PA

Highland Park Pool is located on Lake Drive in Highland Park,
Pittsburgh, near the Pittsburgh Zoo.

>From Pittsburgh North/West take Route 28 to 62nd Street/Fleming
Bridge. Make a left at the light at the end of the bridge onto Butler
Street. Proceed to second light and make a right at the light onto
Hill Road. Proceed past Zoo entrance, go through stop sign, and
proceed up the hill. This road will turn into Lake Drive. The pool is
on the right, across from the playground area.

>From Pittsburgh East/South use Washington Blvd. (Route. 8) or
Allegheny River Blvd. (Route 130) Make a left onto Hill Road. Proceed
past Zoo entrance, go through stop sign, and proceed up the hill. This
road will turn into Lake Drive. The pool is on the right, across from
the playground area.
=====

As for the trip to IUP....

Some of us were talking about doing a mini-camping trip on Friday
night in advance of the water polo games at IUP on Saturday morning.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/keystone.aspx
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/keystone/keystone_camp_pdf.pdf
Insterested? Call me.

--