[CLOH-News] New member from Salwa and another special place -- but we'll have to meet in person later

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:30:54 EDT 2021

Hi Members,

We welcome the new ISCA member from Salwa.

I didn't know where that was until I visited wikipedia. Do you know?

Then we got another new member to welcome from Chattahoochee. Love that
name. Who knows where that is located? Both answers are below my signature
file, so keep scrolling.

+ + We got some sad news, we notified all the speakers and those who had
signed up to attend for the pending ISCA Hall of Fame Summit and passed
along the word that the August 2021 event was going to be postponed to the
spring of 2022. The DELTA strain of this COVID is growing like crazy and it
is too much of a risk to bring people together in Florida at this time.

The website has been updated, but there is no other news, yet.

As soon as the Olympic swimming events have ended, and they're not done yet
because there are open water swim events yet to come, we're going to do
more outreach to the wider community as well.

+ +
+

The ISCA senior meet this past week ended with a watch party for Bobby
Finke's 1500 race that got a bit of NBC exposure from the grounds of the
North Shore Pool in St. Pete. The age group meet starts soon and runs the
rest of the meet.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org

412 298 3432 = cell

= = = =

*Salwa is in Kuwait.*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwa,_Kuwait

*Chattahoochee is a city in FLORIDA, USA.*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattahoochee,_Florida
But the river flows between Alabama and Georgia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattahoochee_River