[CLOH-News] Anyone using Rowing ERGs in their program?

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 11:27:52 EDT 2021

Hi,

Rowing ERGs interaction with swimming programs gets its own lesson in the
Global Library for ISCA Members with an article from the most recently
announced Hall of Fame Coach, Jack Simon.

Do you use Rowing ERGs with your athletes?

Check out the lesson.
https://read.swimisca.org/courses/global-library-for-isca-members/lessons/rowing-as-cross-training-for-swim-teams/

If you have any input, use the comment box on that page, then others that
come by later get to see your input.

= =
The issue that I had with my team with rowing goes two ways.
First, rowers often need to pass a swim test before they are taken out onto
the water. They often hold swim tests with me at the pool and I sign off on
their skills. That 'swim test' becomes an opportunity to play a quick SKWIM
game and is also a way to introduce the rowing athletes to the possibility
of joining their school's varsity swim team.

Why not?

Swimming can be a great cross-training activity for rowers too. Likewise
water polo and SKWIM.

We can, with swimming, be a big gateway to other sports activities. And,
for that gateway to be productive, it needs to cross both ways -- to
swimming and from swimming.

Well, Jack's article is about using rowing as a support for the competitive
swim program.

= = =
Bonus Q:
Lastly, there has been some chatter about jobs and career. Are you seeing a
lot of coaching job changes?

Just wondering.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org