[Dancenews] (no subject)

Alia Thabit alia at earth-goddess.com
Wed Nov 12 16:17:59 EST 2008

To unsub, just ask.
And please forward!

Hi, everyone.

It's dark and
cold, and I hope you are all warm and snug.

First a reminder: There is no class tonight, Weds
11/12.
There will be class Wednesdays, 6-7:30
PM, November 19, & Dec 3, 10, & 17.
Catamount Arts, St. Johnsbury, VT
$15 drop-in, $50 for all four.
Mixed level to intermediate.

Littleton Classes!
Monday
Nights, Nov 17-Dec 15
6:30-7:30 PM

For new and returning
dancers.
Some previous dance experience recommended.
$50 for 5
classes (11/17 is a free class)

Powerhouse Gym
9 Eames
Way, Littleton, NH. (603) 444-2772

Delsarte with Joe Williams, and an evening show featuring
workshop participants. Saturday, Dec 6 at Catamount Arts in St.
Johnsbury, VT. Times and costs coming soon. My guess is around 4 hours at
around $75, noon to five with the show at 7:30. More info
soon.
Souren Baronian
and "Transitions," with Haig Manoukian and Lee
Baronian will be at TWO locations in VT this weekend! Both are remarkable
musicians. There is also a workshop Saturday afternoon in Burlington.
Please support live music in VT! "Transitions" Vermont
appearances are: Friday, November 14th at the Loft on Cotton
Mill
Hill Rd., in Brattleboro. The concert begins at 8PM. Advance tickets are
$10
or $12 at the door. Call 802/387-3022 for further information.
Saturday, November 15th at Boccelli's on Canal Rd. in
Bellows Falls.
The concert begins at 7:30PM. Advance tickets are $10 or $12 at the
door. Call 802/387-3022 for further information.

Sunday,
November 16th at North End Studio, 294 N Winooski Ave., Burlington.
The
concert begins at 7PM. Advance tickets are $10 or $12 at the
door. Call
802/863-6713 for further information. A special workshop
on Middle Eastern modes and
rhythms is offered from 2-4PM at North
End Studio. Call 802/863-6713 for
information.

Gina's Fifth Annual Middle Eastern and
American Belly Dance Student
ShowcaseSee the snazzy show
poster here http://www.ginadances.com/documents/2008poster.pdf
SEVENTY performers!  The biggest student show in New
England!  Special Guests Travis Shores and Skip
Cady!
Classic Egyptian,
Hagallah, Khaleegy, Melaya Leff, Swords,
Live Drumming, Circus Performance and much
more!
Saturday, November
22, 7:30 pm, Woodstock Town Hall Theater
Entertainment for
the whole family.  Adults $16, under 18 $10.
Shop with belly dance vendor, Margaret
Slocumbe!

Our
400 seat theater has sold out well ahead of
time for the last several years.  Get your tickets
EARLY!
Tix are on sale through Pentangle Council
for
the Arts, (802) 457-3981 or online at www.pentanglearts.org

Amity needs 10 people by Nov 15  for a Hanover, NH
intermediate class in January.  See http://raq-on.net/classes.htm. She's
also hosting Najmat in Enfield, NH in January:
http://raq-on.net/workshops.htm. Scroll down.
I'm doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month:
write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November). My author page
is: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/425495
I'm sure I forgot something really
special; my apologies. I am exhausted and looking forward to spacing out
(and catching up on my word count) for the entire week of Thanksgiving.

Lots of
love and kisses to everyone,
Alia
Alia Thabit
Middle Eastern Dance
Artist
alia at earth-goddess.com; http://www.earth-goddess.com
Vermont Arts Council Juried Artist; NEST Roster Artist