[DesignII] Software improvement suggestion......

Lynn McGuire mmcguire at mylinuxisp.com
Sun Nov 3 22:28:05 EST 2002

Hi Alex,

> It would be absolutely great if the software development team could make
> all streams "anchor" themselves to the unit modules. Such that if a unit
> module was moved to another location, the streams would maintain their
> connection. (This feature is in the Micrografx software ABC Flowcharter)

Save your drawing and click on the toolbar icon with two boxes tied together
around another box (the 14th icon).  Or pull down the Options menu and
select auto-routing.  Now move any equipment.  The streams will follow
but depending on the complexity of the drawing, you may not like the results.
You need to save the drawing because we do not have a Undo/Redo yet.

> Another good modification to do would be to ensure the stream details, as
> they are selected to be displayed on the flow diagram, don't overlap on top
> of one another like it currently is now.

We do have this on our fix list to be done.  We are contemplating to do
a "free space" check before drawing a text string on the drawing.  One
hitch is that we do not want to get too far away from the owner stream
or equipment.  Another hitch is that all of the text strings attached to an
object are created at the time of creation of that object.  That way if you
turn off the display of the temperature of a stream and then turn it back
on later, the temperature display is in the same place as before.

> One last thought,..... to be able to individually set every stream and text
> colors to whatever the user wants.

We will add this to the desired feature list.

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President
WinSim Inc.