[DesignII] Version 8.52 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire winsim at winsim.com
Mon Jan 20 12:28:31 EST 2003

<Please note this is a copy of the email sent to our announcement list on Jan 10, 2003>

This email is to notify you that version 8.52 of DESIGN II for Windows is now available on our website at
www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a maintenance release of DESIGN II for Windows.  This new release has the following changes:
1. Added a automatic version upgrade checker that will check WinSims website for a new release of DESIGN II for Windows every 2
weeks
2. Added a simple run-button icon DII in the main menu flowsheet display (alternate to Simulate-Execute). Also added OUT and Summary
icons that can be used for a quick access of View Results file and Simulation Summary box.
3. Added a new item such as "Show File New Dialog at Startup" to the Options pull down menu. The value will be stored in the
DESIGNII.INI file.
4. PFX's now use an adiabatic flash initialization procedure instead of isothermal flashes for single component cases. Duties are
balanced better between heat exchanging streams.
5. The Stream Save File and Refine Restart commands now support long file names
6. Updated the density and transport properties data for DIPA-mixed amine component using AICHE-DIPPR database
7. The Packing factor specification in Mixed Amine packed column sections now will use 1/FT dimensional units instead of %
8. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release notes)

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please download the new version.  If you have trouble downloading the update
from our website, please send an email to admin at winsim.com requesting the CD be mailed to you.

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the 8.50 release.  If you choose to download the new release, please email
support at winsim.com with your serial number for a new password if you are on a current MSS or PUA agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (18 MB) from our website and installing it.  Run DESIGN II for Windows and a
dialog will come up with your Computer ID and ask you for a Serial Number and Password.  You can get a Serial Number and Password
emailed to you from www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week basis.

Please note that our pricing has changed effective January 2003.  You can see the new pricing at
http://www.winsim.com/products/winprice.html .

We have also created www.winsim.com/buynow.html on our website for you to conveniently view our pricing options and/or place an
order for DESIGN II for Windows.  If you have any questions, please contact us at sales at winsim.com .

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday, February 14, 2003 at our office here in Sugar Land, Texas.  There are still
a couple of seats open.  Please contact admin at winsim.com for more details.

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President