[DesignII] Version 9.03 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire winsim at winsim.com
Thu Nov 13 16:54:40 EST 2003

This email is to notify you that version 9.03 of DESIGN II for Windows is now available on our website at
www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a maintenance release of DESIGN II for Windows.  This new release has the following changes:
1. Added new fuel cell sample flowsheets in c:\designii\samples\fuelcell.
2. Added vapor pressure calculation to bubble and dewpoint calculations
3. Added sonic velocity calculation for vapor phase of streams
4. Added the new calculations to the stream Calculation Options dialog for calculating sonic velocity of vapor streams and for
calculation of stream mixture vapor pressure. Enabled these new results for Excel Transfer along with the new critical property
results on active heating/cooling curves.
5. The detailed stream print mixture critical property calculations are now performed per the chosen thermodynamic equation of state
method
6. Added support for USB hardware keys in addition to the existing software locking, Parallel Port hard keys, Network locking and,
Name and Location locking. Please contact WinSim sales if you would like to upgrade your Parallel Port hardware key to a USB
hardware key (please note there is a fee and you must be on MSS). 7. Updated the printed and online Adobe Acrobat user manuals: the
DESIGN II for Windows User Guide, the DESIGN II / ChemTran General Reference Guide, and the DESIGN II Unit Module Reference Guide.
8. Corrected the true vapor pressure and the bubble point calculations on a mixture that has both hydrocarbons and free water. The
bubble point method now separates the free water from the mixture before calculating the bubble point pressure and temperature.
9. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release notes at http://www.winsim.com/products/relnotes.chm )

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please download the new version.  The new CDs should start going out in a
couple of days.

Please note that we have a new web-based tutorial for DESIGN II for Windows at http://www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm .

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the 9.00 release.  Your new password should have been emailed to the contact
person for your account.  If you need a new password, please contact support at winsim.com with your serial number for your new
password if you are on MSS or a Usage agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (33 MB) from our website and installing it.  Run DESIGN II for Windows and a
dialog will come up with your Computer ID and ask you for a Serial Number and Password.  You can get a Serial Number and Password
emailed to you from www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week basis.

Please note that our pricing has changed effective January 2003.  You can see the new pricing at
http://www.winsim.com/products/winprice.html .

We have also created www.winsim.com/buynow.html on our website for you to conveniently view our pricing options and/or place an
order for DESIGN II for Windows.  If you have any questions, please contact us at sales at winsim.com .

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday, November 14, 2003 at our office here in Sugar Land, Texas.  There are still
a couple of seats open.  Please contact admin at winsim.com for more details.

We very much appreciate of the testimonials that serval customers have sent us at http://www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire