[DesignII] Version 9.15 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire lmc at winsim.com
Wed Oct 13 15:22:26 EDT 2004

This email is to notify you that version 9.15 of DESIGN II for Windows is
now available on our website at www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a upgrade release of DESIGN II for Windows.  This new release has
the following changes:
1. The 'delete' key functionality is now fully working for the user interface via
    the mouse and keyboard. Now, with the change of browser modes all
    current object (stream, unit module, etc) selections will be automatically
    unselected.
2. You can now choose the number of cases transferred to Excel when case
    study option is used
3. Updated the Excel results transfer to handle the increased number of significant
    digits for the Stream Summary and the new suction/discharge printouts for the
    Polytropic Compressor, Pump, Compressor and Expander unit modules
4. Fixed the Flash module's magnitude of calculated duty displayed on flowsheet
5. Added new Ammonia plant sample flowsheets
6. The calculation of the thermosiphon reboiler was improved for the Distillation
    Column using the Super convergence method
7. Fixed an Equilibrium Reactor nitrogen balance problem due to multiple feeds to
    Reactor
8. Fixed a problem when the default of zero was used for Tube Side Entrance/Exit
    Factor under "Tube Specifications" of the Heat Echanger rating
9. Increased the number of significant digits in the Stream Summary and the Polytropic
    Compressor, Pump, Compressor and Expander equipment prints from 3 to 5.
    Added new suction and discharge conditions to the equipment prints for the
    Polytropic Compressor, Pump, Compressor and Expander.
10. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release notes at
     http://www.winsim.com/products/relnotes.chm )

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please download the new
version.  The new CDs should start going out in a couple of days.

Please note that we have a new web-based tutorial for DESIGN II for Windows at http://www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm .

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the 9.10 release.  Your
new password should have been emailed to the contact person for your account.
If you need a new password, please contact support at winsim.com with your
serial number for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (34 MB) from our website
and installing it.  Run DESIGN II for Windows and a dialog will come up with your
Computer ID and ask you for a Serial Number and Password.  You can get a
Serial Number and Password emailed to you from www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html
on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week basis.

Please note that our pricing has changed effective January 2004.  You can see
the new pricing at http://www.winsim.com/products/winprice.html .

We have also created www.winsim.com/buynow.html on our website for you to
conveniently view our pricing options and/or place an order for DESIGN II for
Windows.  If you have any questions, please contact us at sales at winsim.com .

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday, January 14, 2004 at our
office here in Sugar Land, Texas.  There are still a couple of seats open.  Please
contact admin at winsim.com for more details.

We very much appreciate the testimonials that several customers have sent us
at http://www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President