[DesignII] Version 9.35 of DESIGN II for Windows
lmc at winsim.com
Tue Oct 10 17:00:30 EDT 2006
This email is to notify you that version 9.35 of DESIGN II for Windows is
now available on our website at www.winsim.com/download.html .
This is a maintenance release of DESIGN II for Windows. This new
release has the following changes:
1. Added optional print of vapor and liquid derivatives of pressure with
temperature and volume for a stream to the stream calculation and
flowsheet print options dialogs
2. Added inches of water absolute and gauge pressure selections to
the Excel transfer
3. Any component is now allowed in the mixed amine thermodynamics,
including SO2, as long as none of the component is present in a stream
or equipment using mixed amine thermodynamics
4. Added Therminol VP-1 or Dowtherm A as thermal fluids into the
database with component ID#2058 and allowed it to be used for liquid
5. Added a warning message when a product stream from a unit module is
overwritten by an inline Fortran call to COPSTR
6. Fixed the enthalpy flash problem when the mixed amine absorber column
feed stream vapor fraction is greater than 0.99 in amine systems with
7. Corrected Bulk Properties results on any stream to include all phases
(vapor, liquid 1, liquid 2) when with free water
8. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release notes at http://www.winsim.com/media/relnotes.chm )
If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please download
the new version. The new CDs should start going out in a couple of days.
Please note that we have a web-based tutorial for DESIGN II for Windows at http://www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm .
Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the 9.33 release.
Your new password should have been emailed to the contact person for your
account. If you need a new password, please contact support at winsim.com
with your serial number for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage
You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (41 MB) from our
website and installing it. Run DESIGN II for Windows and a dialog will
come up with your Computer ID and ask you for a Serial Number and
Password. You can get a Serial Number and Password emailed to you from www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a
Our next free half day training class will be on Monday, October 23, 2006 at
our office here in Sugar Land, Texas. There are still a couple of seats open.
Please contact admin at winsim.com for more details.
We very much appreciate the testimonials that several customers have sent
us at http://www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .
13333 Southwest Freeway, Suite 130
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
lmc at winsim.com
sales at winsim.com
support at winsim.com
More information about the DesignII