[DesignII] Upcoming version 10.00 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire lmc at winsim.com
Fri Jul 18 18:40:05 EDT 2008

Just to let you know, we are working on version 10.00 of DESIGN II for
Windows to be released sometime this fall. Here are a few of the
improvements
that we are planning on including:
1. Merging the line arrows into the streams in the user interface (no
more trying
to click on the stream and getting the line arrow instead)
2. Conversion of the cascading dialogs into tabbed dialogs in the user
interface
(a lot fewer mouse clicks !)
3. A packed distillation column unit module
4. A DMPEG (Selexol (R), Coastal AGR (R), Genosorb (R) 1753) Equation
of State
5. Full user interface for the Batch Distillation Column unit module
6. About 150 new pure components (a total of 1100 or so)

We are looking for more public domain data concerning vapor - liquid
equilibrium between DMPEG and H2S, CO2, hydrocarbons. If anyone
knows of any, I would appreciate you forwarding it to me. Something
like http://www.ogj.com/articles/save_screen.cfm?ARTICLE_ID=207957
would help us very much to complete the new DMPEG Equation of State.

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President
WinSim Inc.
14090 Southwest Freeway, Suite 550 Sugar Land, Texas 77478
281-565-6700 Phone
281-565-7593 Fax
www.winsim.com
lmc at winsim.com