[DesignII] Version 10.13 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire lmc at winsim.com
Fri Mar 12 17:28:47 EST 2010

This email is to notify you that version 10.13 of DESIGN II
for Windows is now available on our website at
www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a release of DESIGN II for Windows. This new
release has the following changes:
1. Added a new search dialog to locate unit modules or streams via
a search interface for use with F3 (Find Next) and Shift + F3
(Find Previous) keyboard controls. The search dialog is activated
using the Ctrl + F (Find) key sequence.
2. Added "delete all cases" to the "view results cases" dialog to
allow user control on stored file sizes
3. Added a new stream property dialog to the edit menu and the right
mouse click popup menu when more than one stream or unit module
is selected
4. Added True Vapor Pressure (TVP) to the stream display results on
the flowsheet
5. Added options to display Mixed Amine Column condenser and reboiler
duty, top and bottom temperatures, number of trays, reflux ratio,
and Rich/Lean Amine Loading results on the flowsheet
6. Added a Dense Grid option for a 2X grid under the View menu and
changed the grid default density back to previous density
7. Added pressure effect to the water freezing point calculations
8. Added over 100 more component structrures and moved all component
structures to the compdata.txt file
9. Converted the bubble point pressure calculation to a full three
phase thermodynamic method from the two phase plus free water
thermodynamic method
10. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release
notes at http://www.winsim.com/media/relnotes.chm )

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please
download the new version. The new CDs should start going
out in a couple of days.

Please note that we have a web-based tutorial for DESIGN II
for Windows at www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm .

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the
10.10 release. Your new password should have been emailed
to the contact person for your account. If you need a new
password, please contact support at winsim.com with your serial
number for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage
agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (86 MB)
from our website and installing it. Run DESIGN II for
Windows and a dialog will come up with your Computer ID and
ask you for a Serial Number and Password. You can get a
Serial Number and Password emailed to you from
www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a
week basis.

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday,
June 4, 2010 at our office here in Sugar Land, Texas.
There are still a couple of seats open. Please contact
admin at winsim.com for more details.

We very much appreciate the testimonials that several
customers have sent us at www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President