[DesignII] Version 10.24 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire lmc at winsim.com
Thu Jan 20 16:51:25 EST 2011

This email is to notify you that version 10.24 of DESIGN II
for Windows is now available on our website at
www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a release of DESIGN II for Windows. This new
release has the following changes:
1. Added cut, copy and paste to or from all of the vector
controls in the user interface with other applications
such as Excel or Notepad
2. Added the following calculated stream results to the Excel
transfer: Vapor Sonic Velocity, Heating Value (Gross),
Heating Value (Net), Wobbe Number, Average hydrogen Atoms
in Stream, Average Carbon Atoms in Stream, Hydrogen Carbon
Ratio of Stream,Methane Number, Motor Octane Number
3. Added user selected dimensional units to all existing
component flowrates for stream summary in Excel Transfers
4. Added a new button on the Distillation column properties
dialog on the print options sheet for creating an XML file
for use with Fractionation Research's DRP software or
similar for the Distillation column
5. Significantly decreased the time to open a large flowsheet
file
6. Added hydrogen to carbon ratio calculations to Visual Basic
/ Visual C++ DLL interface
7. Fixed an actual volumetric flowrate calculation for streams
issue due to a density storage when output dimensional
units were set as SI or Metric units system
8. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release
notes www.winsim.com/media/relnotes.chm )

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please
download the new version.

Please note that we have a web-based tutorial for DESIGN II
for Windows at www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm and at
www.winsim.com/support.html .

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the
10.20 release. Your new password should have been emailed
to the contact person for your account. If you need a new
password, please contact support at winsim.com with your serial
number for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage
agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (80 MB)
from our website and installing it. Run DESIGN II for
Windows and a dialog will come up with your Computer ID and
ask you for a Serial Number and Password. You can get a
Serial Number and Password emailed to you from
www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a
week basis.

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday,
March 11, 2011 at our office here in Sugar Land, Texas.
There are still a couple of seats open. Please contact
admin at winsim.com for more details.

We very much appreciate the testimonials that several
customers have sent us at www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .

You can also follow us at our new Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/pages/WinSim-Inc/117954781599362

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President