intefacility STEMI transfers

David Kim boisedave at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:02:31 EST 2009

Hello!
Just wanted to gain a bit of insight into interfacility STEMI transfers with the following questions. In return for your help, I will forward the aggregate results. Thank you in advance.
1. Does your flight program participate in a regional protocol for interfacility STEMI transfers?
2. In general, does your flight program encourage a "hot load" at the sending facility?
3. In general, does your flight program encourage a "hot unload" at the receiving facility?
4. What is the average time spent at the sending facility for STEMI transfers (defined as the arrive at sending facility-leave sending facility interval)?

Optional: To help prevent more than one answer per program, what is the name of your flight program (I will blind the aggregate results and will not divulge any program-specific responses)?

DTKDavid T. Kim, M.D., FACEP Idaho Emergency Physicians, P.A. Saint Alphonsus Life Flight Boise, ID