chart review ?

Scott DeBoer RN,MSN pedsrusscott at cs.com
Tue Dec 27 20:58:29 EST 2011

Greetings - a colleague sent me a note today for which I'm hoping the list members can assist - She is wondering about other program's policies/etc. regarding the review of charts (only their teams transport charts) by other members of their transport team, i.e. in a peer review/case review setting purely for purposes of education for their crew, especially on high risk. low frequency type transports - Are there any privacy/legal concerns with this practice? Any insight welcomed
thank you!
Scott

Scott DeBoer RN,MSN,CEN,CPEN,CCRN,CFRN,EMT-P
Flight Nurse: University of Chicago Hospitals
Founder: Peds-R-Us Medical Education
9052 Beall Street
Dyer, IN 46311 USA
www.Peds-R-Us.com - scott at peds-r-us.com
888-280-PEDS (7337)
866-449-7337 fax
219-313-5612 cell

"In each of us, two natures are at war – the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer. But in our own hands lies the power to choose – what we want most to be, we are." Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde