[game_preservation] Anyone going to the UT Videogame Archive fundraiser?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sun Sep 2 19:04:23 EDT 2007

Hey all,

Is anyone going to the UT Videogame Archive party and fundraiser
<http://www.cah.utexas.edu/projects/videogamearchive/> on Tuesday?

I'd be really interested to know what happens, and if anyone who is
going could see what the full aims of the archive is (beyond their about
PDF <http://www.cah.utexas.edu/projects/videogamearchive/about.pdf>),
and see who is involved, that'd be great too.

It'd also be good to get some form of writeup about it, and pictures
perhaps (and if anyone is really willing, a video too! might as well
record history). New videogame archives and fundraisers at Richard
Garriott's estate don't exactly come around very often, it'd be a shame
to miss the opportunity (If I was anywhere nearby I'd go myself, well,
if I had the money to spare).

If no one responds I'll make sure to email the contact email at the
University of Texas and see if anyone there can provide a report to us,
it'd be worth keeping an eye on and seeing how it goes.

Andrew