[game_preservation] IGDA Game Preservation blog/news/frontpage now online

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Sep 13 16:56:48 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I've now updated the preservation's blog
<http://www.igda.org/preservation/archives/2007/09/igda_game_perse.html>!
This will hopefully be the first of many posts to it.

The blog will primarily record all the IGDA preservation SIG's news and
related project news (the stuff I was adding to the IGDA wiki), but I
hope to add anything from external sources, such as the new videos at
the Internet Archive, or really any other items of interest from a game
history perspective.

So please email me if you want to have anything posted, or have any
content, or ideas for content (if you really are willing, you can become
a blog editor to post yourself).

I will eventually get around to finding news and posting when I can,
then hopefully get around to (text) interviews with people - those
working on the videogames, and those who are working to preserve them
and the history (you can email me if you want to be interviewed, I think
knowing who is working on videogame preservation is a good idea, since
no one else would record who the historians were :) ).

I don't know of really any other videogame history news/blogs, so I
don't have much to model this on, and I'll see how it goes. (Of course,
if anyone does know of any I'd love to know). At the moment the blog
will stay as it is presentation-wise, since I don't know anything about
Moveable Type and don't think it can be replaced with something more
user-friendly easily (such as Wordpress), so if you notice any errors,
please tell me or Henry so they can be corrected, and if anyone has a
better colour scheme for the site, it'd be worthwhile passing it on.

Andrew