[game_preservation] Need for off-book meeting at GDC?

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Feb 2 16:28:32 EST 2009

Man, I need to boot up my IGDA history work, and get some information
off Jason before he leaves, hehe :) great guy too, didn't realise he was
there as a permanent guy for so long!

As for the meeting, well, Henry, I personally think as one of the more
active SIG's (we might be behind education, writers and womens, but 4th
isn't bad :) ) we'd benefit from it even if it was only a core amount of
people - ie; people who want to discuss the SIG itself, not preservation
and history problems/solutions/etc. in general. So that means things
like discussing the next white paper, projects, advocacy ideas, website
improvements, outreach to organisations and people, and advertisement of
events/projects/whatever. Easy enough for me to post up discussions
here, but no one really replies, and it's simply easier to discuss in
person.

However it's a tough call. Basically, Devin is a "maybe" for GDC, I'm
coming, but who else will be there on this list? Or that we know? I've
not heard a peek from anyone else! We'd need some form of numbers perhaps?

Either that or not worry about numbers, and have a decent meeting
regardless if it is two or two dozen. I've no idea how many rooms or how
long you're allowed in them for though (I'd presume an hour), but since
we are more active then 2/3rds of the SIG's, well, why not? :) we need
to use every resource possible, and it's not like everyone is in the
same place at the same time anyway! (Once in a year opportunity)

It's up to you on this Henry I think, at least unless we have at least a
few more who will say "Yes" now, on this list or otherwise.

Andrew