[game_preservation] Project Discussion: Oral Histories

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Feb 6 15:06:19 EST 2009

It'd be a pleasure for you to take on the project if Henry agrees :)
You'd need to have an IGDA.org account to edit the wiki, which no doubt
would have the IGDA's information on how to get involved (for
developers) which you might need to sort.

Hopefully there'll be other efforts in the future which the project can
keep up with - like Rachel's contributions, and other's. I doubt there'd
be any competition if anyone else wanted to "use the list" of available
developers - there's more developers then people working in all the game
history community :)

I can check with someone at the IGDA about putting a call out in a
newsletter (which goes out monthly) or as a news piece, when the
appropriate time comes up to publicise it - you can obviously actually
write the details if we're able to do this :) Feel free to make edits to
the wiki, or suggest how you want it to work here first if you like (I
can do wiki editing as needed of course too, I do so for the other
projects).

For hosting, I'd love a mirror of whatever files be made available on
the Internet Archive, we have collections for interviews, which these
would be awesome to add to. :) It'd be all credit to your team though,
and rights reserved as you'd like, of course. It mainly helps make it
available, which was one of the projects aims when initially thought out.

Andrew