[game_preservation] RIP Hans Beck

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 21:31:04 EST 2009

Hans Beck, the creator of the Playmobil toy line, died last Friday at age
79.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/02/rip-hans-beck-i.html

While he's not a game maker, I grew up playing with the toys he created, and
so was deeply moved to hear of this. I don't think toymaking goes on the
Memorials site (though we do have Joseph A Weizenbaum, the creator of ELIZA,
and Richard Knerr, maker of the Frisbee), but he's an important enough guy
to deserve a bow of respect. And after all, toys are facilitators of play,
which is a part of all games, even if not all play is a game.

--
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando