[game_preservation] Project Discussion: Collectors Information

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Feb 16 14:20:33 EST 2009

Sorry, it was Back-Bytes. ;)

The information should be aimed at helping historians and
preservationists. The goal is to facilitate the necessary flow of
information if historians can't find it themselves - collectors are
knowledgeable historians in their own domains. Knowing what they do, how
they do it, and how to contact them/get their help is a good idea.

At least that'd be my aim for it. There is no "one stop shop" for
communities of collectors, a news driven website, and of course, there
is absolutely no group I know of dedicated to facilitating communication
between them (at least in an information capacity). These people are
some of the most dedicated people to preserving things (even if only for
their own collections sometimes), so well worth noting them somewhere,
if we don't directly do anything right now :)

Thanks Stuart!

Andrew