[game_preservation] EarthBound DEFINITELY NOT coming to the US

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:28:00 EST 2009

Well of course any game can be pirated. But piracy is not a valid option for
libraries and archives. That's not exactly going to earn brownie points with
the industry, whose support we need. In that regard, I'm not sure we're
talking about the same mailing list, regardless of how people might obtain
games outside of the archive.
As for average joes who want to play the game... I think it's a shame when
the only way to legally get it is to shell out $200 to some chump for a game
they just want to play. It was bad enough when these were $60 used...

Devin Monnens

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

> Devin Monnens wrote:

>> Starmen.net has commented that EarthBound will NOT be coming to the US

>> Virtual Console. As a result, it will be impossible for anyone to play this

>> game in English without forking over $100+ for a copy of the SNES version

> Ahem, impossible to play "legally". What mailing list do you think you're

> on here?

> :)

> --

> -Mike Melanson