[game_preservation] Game preservation survey

Rachel Donahue donahrm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:04:55 EST 2009

I am quite excited to announce that the surveys have been approved and are
available on Survey Monkey! I don't quite want to say "spread this far and
wide," as I will have a lot of text to parse, but I would definitely
appreciate some help getting these to _serious_ players/collectors and most
especially any contacts any you might have in the videogame industry (even
at small shops).

As a refresher (or introduction), the industry survey is targeted towards
people involved in records management and preservation activities within
their company, if such a person exists. The community survey is targeted
towards people who have taken an active role in preservation efforts there,
whether that's providing metadata or working on an emulation project.

Community survey: http://tinyurl.com/gds-com
Industry survey: http://tinyurl.com/gds-ind

Thanks!
Rach

-------
Rachel Donahue
Graduate Assistant
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD