[game_preservation] [Fwd: Re: [SIGs-Admin] [SIGs_Admin][chapter-admin] Update on new IGDA website]

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 5 19:02:13 EDT 2009

Melanie,

I don't really know the answer to your question. I've adopted a
wait-and-see attitude towards the new site. There have been countless
discussion threads and "announcements" for months on the IGDA SIG heads
list about this, flooding my in-box, too much for me to follow. The
site itself has been in development for a year or so. Andrew will be
keeping an eye on the WIKI content and archives, I think. Whatever does
not happen automatically, we will have to try to move over by hand.

For what it's worth, I have not found a specific post on the subject.
I'll look over Andrew's response to you, and if it looks like he has
things in hand, we'll just go with what he has done. If not, I'll ask
specifically about this.

Henry

Melanie Swalwell wrote:

> Hi Henry,

> I'm responding very late on this. I see there're plans in the email

> below to migrate addresses from the existing mailman listservs. I'm

> assuming that means they'll not be used in the future. Will the list

> archives remain intact? I realise it's an obvious question, so I'm

> hoping it's an angle that's been covered by the website team...

> regards,

> Melanie

> Henry Lowood wrote:

>> FYI to the SIG> I have not had time to be very involved in the new

>> website testing. If there is an issue here you would like me to

>> inquire about, let me know.

>> Henry

Henry Lowood
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library
557 Escondido Mall, Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004 USA
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood
lowood at stanford.edu; 650-723-4602