[game_preservation] Compressed Sensing and game preservation

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:18:20 EST 2010

Wired's latest issue ran an article on compressed sensing, or CS, which uses
an l1 minimization algorithm to clean up and restore images. The article
suggests that CS could be used for restoring music as well (right now, it's
used in MRI's). I was curious if anyone thought this might be applicable to
data restoration of games or if the data is too random to produce a 'sparse
image'. I mean, I can see it for restoring LP and cassette recordings, but
not sure about recovering code...

--
Devin Monnens
www.deserthat.com