[game_preservation] History of Women in Games

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:59:12 EDT 2010

I'm syndicating this from the WIG SIG mailing list as I think this history
concerns us directly. I don't have much to give in the way of response, but
I would say that developers were thinking about this as early as the late
70s with Pac-Man, Cutie Q, and Bee-52. They're not targeted specifically at
girls though, and I don't recall any software made prior to 1983 that was.

Message: 2