[game_preservation] Preserving Virtual Worlds on DPC short list

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 21 12:28:37 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

<forgive the mass mailing, but ...>

The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) has officially announced the
projects which have made the short list for the DPC awards. The
nominees were announced at the iPres conference earlier today.

I am pleased to pass on the news that Preserving Virtual Worlds, our
project with the Univ. of Illinois, Univ. of Maryland, and Rochester
Inst. of Technology has been put on the short list for the international
Digital Preservation Award. This award is presented in London as part of
the Institute of Conservation <http://www.icon.org.uk/> 's (ICon)
Conservation Awards. <http://www.conservationawards.org.uk/>

The official news release is at
http://www.dpconline.org/newsroom/latest-news/638-2010-digital-preservation-award-shortlists-press-release.

This was a great project -- we finished the final report just
yesterday. In addition to my role, the project was managed by Susan
Rojo in the Humanities Resource Group (in the Stanford Libraries), with
critical contributions from DLSS and the SDR group (also at Stanford).

Best,

Henry

--
Henry Lowood
Curator for History of Science& Technology Collections;