[game_preservation] Preserving Virtual Worlds 2 funded for two years

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:16:20 EDT 2010

All,

The official announcement is out from IMLS (Institute for Museum and
Library Studies, a federal agency in the U.S.) that they will fund
Preserving Virtual Worlds for two additional years. The focus will
shift a bit to work on essential properties work and user evaluations of
emulated, virtualized and other ways of delivering archived content.
http://www.imls.gov/news/2010/092710_list.shtm
Look under Illinois, as UIUC is the primary institution, as with PVW1.

Jerome McDonough, Susan Rojo, Rachel Donahue or I on this list can
provide more information; just contact one of us, if interested.

Congrats to us at Stanford and to our colleagues at UIUC, UM, and RIT.

Just back from a trip to F.R.O.G. in Vienna,

Henry

--
Henry Lowood
Curator, History of Science& Technology Collections;
650-723-4602; lowood at stanford.edu
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood