[LEAPSECS] Time is changing in Venezuela

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Sep 25 03:35:30 EDT 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Steve Allen wrote:

> So that when BIH was eventually created and given the opportunity

> to solve the problem that Janssen had metioned and Newcomb had

> recognized, the French got to say where the International Meridian

> now is (and it doesn't pass through the Airy transit in Greenwich).

I remember this coming up before, but can't find the thread. Pointer
to the details? (Or brief briefing?) We made the pilgrimage to
Greenwich on Sunday. Harrison's clocks lived up to their hype.
Fitzpatrick brought his GPS, which read zero near the gift shop (W of
Airy).

A busker told the story of the place where time and space begins. It
would be a shame if neither was true any more.