[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success (was Re: (no subject))

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Dec 20 11:52:29 EST 2008

In message <D754EF5C-767A-4FF0-AC64-6E9543AAA62A at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>Instead of building computer hardware, operating systems and

>applications that pretend the relentless update cycle doesn't exist,

>build such systems to expect scheduled updates to software and key

>data structures.

Great idea!

As a system programmer I would love that.

Why don't you take that idea to to Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, the
FAA, NRC and the nuclear powerplant industry ?

I am sure they are more than eager to get their EAL processes given
a workout every six months.

Let me know the pricetag they slap on your proposal.

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe