[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Tue Dec 30 20:24:24 EST 2008

> If rocket-scientists can't get the relatively simple nomenclature of

> this topic right, what hope is there for the average engineer?

Point 1 would be we don't know if that report was written by "rocket-scientists"
or some technical writer, but that's an important point.

Point 2 is that while as an astronomer I can say that GMT *should* be referring
to UT1, in practice it is UTC. I have no idea what the legal codes of
England say it is, nor do I particularly care. Thus I'm not going
to concede they got the nomenclature of the topic incorrect.

If you wish to make an argument that they did get it incorrect, please
do so.