[LEAPSECS] Terminology and Requirements (was Re: How good could civil timekeeping be? )

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu Feb 14 21:55:32 EST 2008

On Thu 2008-02-14T17:50:00 -0800, christopher hoover hath writ:

> That would be a fun experiment to try, if everyone would agree to play

> "blind."

No thanks. I love the contrasting sentiments in "without atomic time
the world would come to an end, but the astronomers could still save
us". Nevertheless, my impression is that the situation will likely
occur if one side decides to stop all the clocks of the other side
first. In that case both international agreements and the fact that
I've hung tapes on a radio telescope that times pulsars seem moot.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99858