[LEAPSECS] The relation between calendars and leap seconds.

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Nov 11 23:48:21 EST 2008

Rob Seaman scripsit:

> But you're right - I see the light! I now acknowledge that it is more

> important to kowtow to international standards - standards that you

> loudly blare are badly conceived and written - than to acknowledge

> minor facts of physical reality such as that Earth has a moon.

What has the Moon to do with it? The connection of the Moon to the
calendar was lost in Julius Caesar's time -- doubtless to great howling
by the astro{nom,log}ical community.

--
Cash registers don't really add and subtract; John Cowan
they only grind their gears. cowan at ccil.org
But then they don't really grind their gears, either;
they only obey the laws of physics. --Unknown