[LEAPSECS] A new use for Pre-1972 UTC

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Tue Feb 17 16:16:36 EST 2009

Poul-Henning Kamp said:

>> Okay (I didn't have the standard in front of me). That still allows

>> floating point.

> And that wouldn't matter, the objective is to make a random number.

But what would matter is that time_t on my machine and yours might be
completely different. On yours it might be a floating point version of the
POSIX value, while on mine it might be Julian date, using fractions to
represent the time of day.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.