[LEAPSECS] it's WP7A week in Geneva

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Oct 4 07:15:15 EDT 2009

In message <4AC87DA2.4040103 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:

>Of course it cannot output a correct UTC solution until it has received

>page 18 subframe 4, but it can store the leapsecond offset in

>non-volatile RAM since last lock and for most of times that would give

>correct UTC from first lock [...]

And once again, this topic reminds me of my favourite Monty Python
episode:

"This is an official announcement from the Royal Navy.

Canibalism is a problem the Royal Navy has mostly under control.

[...]
"

"most of the times" is simply not good enough.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe