[LEAPSECS] it's WP7A week in Geneva

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Oct 4 12:32:13 EDT 2009

It all depends on your application. If you are controlling Loran C
signals, no data is better. The Loran stations cant broadcast the
wrong tomr and have some heuristics that make it a painful operation
to restart. High power transmitters are like that. Likewise for a
stratum 1 ntp server.

Storing a value in ram works poorly for spares that sit on the shelf
for years at a time.

No error indication is the really bogus part. I could accept an
educated guess so long as it is flagged as such. Holding it up to
being correct is bogus.

Mostly works most of the time is not comparable with many gps
applications. Maybe it is time to learn from them and improve the
system.

Warner