[LEAPSECS] The Debate over UTC and Leap Seconds

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue Aug 10 12:41:46 EDT 2010

On Tue 2010-08-10T15:03:39 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

> As member of the opposing party, I will go as far as to call several

> sections of this paper for "carefully calibrated misinformation

> bordering on pure bunk".

I find this to be an indication that the work of the WP7A is not done,
for we *still* lack not only consensus, but common understanding.

Something happened in the CCIR VII (forerunner of ITU-R SG7/WP7A)
between 1966 and 1970. Instead of being descriptive of the practices
of others , they became prescriptive of their practices.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855