[LEAPSECS] The Debate over UTC and Leap Seconds

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 15:43:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:14:15AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> I think that he means that the WP7A folks are telling the software

> community that either they suck, or it really isn't a problem.

Well, they may have no desire to tell the software community they
suck, but the software certainly sucks, in the sense that it doesn't
represent reality, i.e. leap seconds.

The two solutions are: 1) change the software standards to match
reality, or 2) change reality to match the software standards. If
there was a third, I've missed it.