[LEAPSECS] PCWorld article

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Aug 24 17:55:44 EDT 2010

Interesting to get a (relatively) independent sampling of views from slashdot. Several of the LEAPSECS talking points came up - as well as numerous of the canards and red herrings. The thread has aged to the point that it would be pointless to reply, although I suspect I recognize more timely contributions from at least a couple members of this list.

The most insightful observation:

"They should have introduced 'look' seconds before they introduced 'leap' seconds. Would have saved a lot of trouble."