[LEAPSECS] php breaks if UTC has no leap seconds?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Dec 10 13:22:38 EST 2010

In message <4D024BB8.9060100 at bsdimp.com>, Warner Losh writes:

>On 12/09/2010 17:35, Rob Seaman wrote:

Rob,

First, a point of semantics: I don't think leap seconds can break
php further than it already is.

Second, there is no basis for claiming that "php breaks" when you
are talking about some random library function. The language
itself is unfortunately unharmed.

Third, you have whined and complained about all the breakage for
years now, this is the first piece of concrete code you have ever
presented. Not exactly a bumper crop, but congratulations
are presumably still in order.

But I have to disappoint you, I don't think a random piece of
PHP code will convince anybody anywhere...

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe