[LEAPSECS] A consolidated approach.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Dec 13 13:52:18 EST 2010

In message <3B33E89C51D2DE44BE2F0C757C656C8809CDAA8C at mail02.stk.com>, "Finklema
n, Dave" writes:

>As you all know, Earth orientation and time are not independent.

Actually, I'm pretty sure time is entirely independent of which
way you orient the Earth.

But I'll grant you that time is a pretty good but not perfect
predictor for Earths orientation.

And kudos for applying the good old strategy of burying a case you
are on the loosing side of in red tape and subcommittees, with no
second thoughts about how many resources that will waste.

Joseph Tainter can surely use you quixotic quest as an example if
he ever writes a follow-up.

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe