[LEAPSECS] ISO Influence

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 18 13:50:26 EST 2010

On 12/18/2010 07:23 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message<3B33E89C51D2DE44BE2F0C757C656C8809D66413 at mail02.stk.com>, "Finklema

> n, Dave" writes:

>> ITU has UN funding.

> Actually, I'm not even sure to what degree that is the case.

> ITU charges fees for participation and their standards as well.

It took me less than a minute to come up with an presentation of the
budget for ITU (Google for ITU did the trick):

http://www.itu.int/net/about/budget/2008.aspx

"The Union’s main source of financing is the contributions of its Member
States, which account for 67.3% of the overall budget."

"Sector Members contribute 11.4% of the overall budget."
(Sector member = company)

"income from cost recovery for services like the sale of publications,
project execution, satellite notifications (15.1% of total funding)"

"other income, such as withdrawals from the Reserve Account and income
from interest (5.3% of total funding)."

Cheers,
Magnus