[LEAPSECS] POSIX and C (Was: Re: ISO Influence)

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Mon Dec 20 08:42:19 EST 2010

On 19 Dec 10, at 1732, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <3436C6B7-34E7-425C-BF0A-6328803514E1 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writ

> es:

>> On 2010 Dec 19, at 08:58, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>>> Are you seriously suggesting that DCF77 and WWVB should not

>>> transmit the time people expect to see on their clocks ?

>> Yes.

>> Those clocks already have timezone adjustments, [...]

> I will not claim to know what WWVB clocks can, but I have yet to

> see a DCF77 clock with a timezone feature.

I've got one. There's a picture of it here (first picture on the page): http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/20/20671/1.html

It synchs to DCF77, but you can add an integer offset so that its usable as a synchronised clock anywhere you can get DCF77 (most of the UK, for example) and it can free-run anywhere else (as it doesn't do fractional timezones there are some obvious exceptions).

ian