[LEAPSECS] An example

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 2 16:22:29 EDT 2010

In message <20101102194805.GB21438 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

>On Tue 2010-11-02T18:55:17 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

>The POSIX standard admits that its "seconds" are not all of the same

>length, and for practical purposes that makes them "mean solar

>seconds", not "SI seconds" nor "seconds of TAI".

It admits no such thing, and for all I know, and despite your
complaints about the lack of an "essen" unit, that there is more
than one definition of a second in use at present ?

Seconds are SI seconds, as defined by Cs133 radiation by BIPM.

Their length is not in dispute, their number in a day is.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe