[LEAPSECS] Coming of age in the solar system

Paul Sheer p at 2038bug.com
Sat Sep 4 14:00:16 EDT 2010

> You should really read the archives, before you say something

> as stupid as that.

that's exactly the sort of brazen intensity you can
practice on this list - for when it actually counts.

> Ahh, the deception of woolly thinking and selection bias :-)

an example of selection bias is the questionaire that
the US ITU sent out.

no, my conversation with Support was paraphrased.

in actual fact I nicely interogated them for good
ten minutes on the subject - to really get to the
bottom of it.

the software side I don't need to ask about - I've
been working on their core C code for two years now.

it works perfectly even if the time is completely wrong.
Why? because none of the code depends, to-the-second, on
the absolute time of day.

The narrowist timestamps are some that I found needed
to be accurate to within 5 minutes or so - but only for
a small gamut of functionality.

I could go on about my previous companies but the story
is the same.

> In my experience, [...]

What you are saying is:

1. i have reasoned for certain that it is a problem.
2. anyone who says it's not is ill-informed or lying.
3. anyone that tries to find out can only be misinformed by others.
4. i can't even find out myself because it's too deeply buried!!