[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 53, Issue 8

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Mon Apr 11 14:13:35 EDT 2011

We keep talking about the "ITU" as though it were a coherent decision
making enterprise. After my visit there last week, I am convinced that
it is not. The decisions are made by Working Parties and Study Groups
and confirmed by Radio Assemblies leading to final approval by the WRC.
The ITU only administers these bodies. As an entity, it has no
authority or ability to influence outcomes. The ITU is "furniture."
The influence comes from the butts in the seats.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.