[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Dec 30 18:33:48 EST 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> If and when they feel the need, I'm sure they will.

> In 2600 AD, if I remember the prognosis ?

For those countries/micronations who choose to maintain their legal
time within 0.1 s of some good-faith form of Mean Solar Time, it will
be much much sooner.

Of course, the legal time in those countries probably isn't of concern
for PHK as he wouldn't be advised to set foot on their soil: countries
that feel like I do would most likely issue arrest warrants for him.

MS