[LEAPSECS] Meeting with Wayne Whyte

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Feb 1 15:58:40 EST 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Michael Deckers wrote:

> As far as the civil uses of time scales are concerned, it is actually

> UTC rather than TAI that is currently more "predictable": I can

> predict with great certainty that I shall attend a group meeting

> when UTC will be 2012-01-30 + 09 h, but TAI at that instant is

> currently only known with an uncertainty of 1 s.

Actually you don't know if the politicians are going to muck around with
your timezone offset, so your certainty isn't all that great. However you
will almost certainly attend the meeting at 2012-01-30 10:00 local time
(if I have guessed your location correctly).

http://fanf.livejournal.com/104586.html

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,