[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 51, Issue 4

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Tue Feb 1 16:09:50 EST 2011

As long as there is time, coordinating time with events will be
difficult. The level at which things must be synchronized has descended
(or ascended) to less than nanoseconds. It is an example of
"Finkleman's Principle of Conservation of Consternation." Many
alternatives discussed in this group are feasible and reasonable, but
none is a permanent solution. There is no permanent solution.

Enough philosophy. A new time scale for "our" purposes is a good idea.
But, who would realize and distribute it? What changes would using it
entail? I think we are stuck with what we've got, but it should be
molded to meet need, not convenience.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.