[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 51, Issue 10

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Wed Feb 2 13:41:37 EST 2011

Good work, Tony. I was too lazy to look up all of the references.

With respect to the original list of definitions: IMO they are correct
-- because they are definitions! That a minute is 60 SI seconds except
when there are 61 applies to some other kind of minute than an "SI
Minute." I am not a relativist, but the comment that alluded to
everything being associated with a reference frame is on the mark. I
believe that the SI second is defined at sea level in an Earth Fixed
reference frame. So, that part is important -- for those who work at
that level. And those are the ones we are looking out for.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.