[LEAPSECS] Consensus building?

Michael Deckers michael.deckers at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 16:28:16 EST 2011

On 2011-02-03 20:24, Warner Losh wrote about time units
minutes, hours, days:

> In my defense I'll note that they used to be non-SI units that were

> recently added to SI due to their widespread use....

The only SI time unit is the second -- min, h, d are _not_ SI units.
They were never "added to the SI", nor will they ever be. One of the
principles of the SI system is to have one and only one unit per
dimension, or at least, per quantity. And the BIPM try very hard,
even in the presence of °C and K, Hz and Bq and rad/s, Sv and Gy.

Michael Deckers.